Midwifery Education in Canada
The midwifery education program is a four (4) year baccalaureate program.
There are seven (7) midwifery education programs available in Canada. One at the University of British Columbia, three through a consortium at McMaster, Ryerson and Laurentian universities in Ontario, one at the Université du Québec à Trois Rivières, one at Mount Royal University in Alberta and a Kanaci Otinowawosowin (Aboriginal midwifery) baccalaureate (KOB) program at the University College of the North in Manitoba. Each program administers exams recognized by their respective provincial regulatory bodies.
- Laurentian University
935 Ramsey Lake Road,
Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6
Tel: (705) 675-4822
* This program is offered in both English and French.
- McMaster University
Michael G. DeGroote Centre for Learning & Discovery
(MDCL) Third Fl.,
3103-1200 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5
Tel: 905-525-9140, Ext. 26654
* This program is offered in English only
- Ryerson University
350 Victoria Street,
Toronto, ON. M5B 2L4
Tel: (416) 979-5104 or (416) 979-5271
* This program offers a full time and a part time program as well as an accelerated post baccalaureate program for people with a related health care degree and labour and delivery experience. Offered in English only.
- Université du Québec à Trois Rivières
Casier postal 500,
Trois Rivières, QC G9A 5H7
Midwifery Program Tel: (819) 376-5045 or 1-800-365-0922
* This program is offered in French only.
- University of British Columbia
B54-2194 Health Services Mall,
Vancouver BC V6T 1Z3
* This program is offered in English only.
- University College of the North
Kanaci Otinowawosowin (Aboriginal Midwifery) Baccalaureate (KOB) Program
The Pas, Manitoba R9A 1M7
- Mount Royal University
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T3E 6K6Calgary,